A hosted (SaaS) stock-photography project management service built for "Hollandse Hoogte" using TYPO3.
The application is meant to aid the interaction between the different stakeholders in a project life-cycle and also to help manage projects better. Process flow:
- A broker adds his list of photographers and customers into the application
- A client creates projects with descriptions and expected time-lines
- Based on the client's requirements and specifications, the Broker then assigns a photographer to the project
- The Photographer accepts the project and uploads the raw unprocessed version of the photographs for approval by the client
- Client approves and provides feedback
- Upon approval, the photographer processes the images further based on the client's feedback and uploads the final version
- Client approves
- Once the client approves the final images/photographs, the project is considered completed and is then closed
Implementation: The service has been implemented in a LAMP environment using the TYPO3 Content Management System.
Key Features of Application:
- Automated Emails sent to stakeholders on project creation, status changes, project acceptance, image uploads, image revised version upload.
- Extraction of EXIF data from the images.
- Client dashboard where a client can manage information relating to various accounts created and the projects managed under each of these accounts.
- Photographer dashboard where a photographer can manage project related information.
- Photographer stock maintenance feature that allows sharing of photos with clients for review and download.
- Advanced photograph view modes implemented using AJAX to provide greater level of detail and allow batch selection of photographs for approval using a "drag and drop" paradigm.
- Automated Image processing functionality that allows photographers to maintain different versions of photographs of varying quality. Ex: 72 dpi, 300 dpi. The application automatically processes and re-sizes large format photographs to different preselected sizes and also generates thumbnails for quick browsing.
- Photograph archive download feature that enables the download of selected photographs in “.zip” format, the zip file being generated on the fly.