Our client wanted an easy, intuitive, interactive, fast, and responsive iOS mobile application that provided the:
- Sharing of real-time status of the relocation process
- Dynamic timeline tracking
- Additional end-to-end relocation services
We built an iOS mobile application with an enhanced user interface that offered:
- Dynamic timeline for relocation tracking from relocation points, like Singapore to Hongkong or India to Australia
- Leveraging services like home search, shipping, immigration, language training
- Relocation document checklist with list items such as passport, visa, offer letter, pet vaccination, and so on.
- Users can log in to their accounts to check the status of their current relocation at any given moment.
- Viewing details of particular services like important dates, documents requested and submitted, and the next steps by clicking the respective service icons.
- Personalized customer experience where users have the option to view or choose from multiple proposal options offered by their Move Managers.
- Online payments for a more holistic and agile app experience. Users have the option to pay through various payment modes like debit/credit cards or digital wallets. This feature is highly scalable and additional payment options can be incorporated in the future.
- Receive and review partner recommendations specific to needs and location.
- Save recommendations as ‘Favorite Partners’ reducing the time spent searching for partners.
Our approach aimed at providing a decoupled application that has React Native working in the frontend for mobile development and Drupal working in the backend. Using React-Native virtual dom capabilities to update the UI in real-time, we wanted to provide a smooth and hassle-free user experience.
The following diagram illustrates the mobile application development cycle:
The dynamic timeline functionality works as a React UI connected to a Drupal backend. The Drupal backend is responsible for making API calls to Crown Worldwide’s existing Java application, and obtaining the relocation data of each user. The React UI for the mobile app connects to the exposed REST endpoints at the Drupal backend to get different pieces of relocation information, like relocation data per relocation ID, services per relocation ID, etc, to display to the user.
The Crown Worldwide backend uses two different databases to pull in the required data for a single user interface. This enables the backend operations to be seamless. Also, the use of two data pools adds an extra layer of security for client data.
- Delivered an easy, intuitive, and responsive mobile interface
- Enabled end-user to better track relocation services
- Enabled Crown Worldwide to onboard potential users or clients onto the new portal
- Added more business value to Crown Worldwide with the new mobile app and its dynamic timeline tracking feature
- Simplified user buying experience by introducing an online payment option, making it easier to pay for proposals and keep a track of all transactions from the mobile app.
- Enhanced user experience with the ‘Recommended Partners’ and ‘Favourite Partner’ features
- Reduced app downtime by delivering double-layered security to private and corporate users