They wanted to build an informative website targeted for US-based medical professionals, with the following capabilities:
- Easy to use content authoring and asset management
- Customizable workflows to facilitate editing or content updates
- Access control for better user administration
Identifying the CMS that could cater to the dynamic and expansive range of content and admin requirements was not an easy task for the client. With our extensive experience in Drupal based websites and solutions, we recommended Drupal CMS, as it could cater to all the client’s content generation/moderation and workflow needs.
We built a Drupal-powered website with the following features:
- Ability to publish different content types like R&D reports, PR, and news articles
- Drag and drop layout builder to build pages from scratch
- Custom page blocks to create the page layout of choice
- Content preview for reviewing content and layout before publishing
- SEO modules to ensure SEO best practices for the content
- Role-based access to manage users
- Define publishing workflows
- We hosted Drupal on AWS with Staging and Production environments.
- Content authoring is to be done in Staging and once approved it can be moved to the Production environment automatically using workflows.
- Substantially shorter publishing cycles due to easy authoring experience for research, PR, and news articles
- Lower developer dependency and accelerated turnarounds due to the drag and drop layout builder.
- Enhanced team coordination on account of defined workflows.