The client needed a document management tool with the following capabilities:
- The tool had to be deployed as a centralized application in the existing infrastructure with client-specific instances or as an individual app within the client's infrastructure.
- It had to be delivered as a single-click installation.
- Role-based authorization for content access and management.
- Flexible navigation for easy document access
- Deep search capabilities to easily filter out and sort content by type/client.
- Survey and Quiz functionalities for knowledge assessment and analysis.
- Different instances had to be automatically created for each client, through which client-specific content had to be delivered.
- We had to create a deployable application instance as a product on any infrastructure.
- Data security was the topmost priority as the applications housed sensitive client data.
We proposed to build a Document Collaboration Tool with Drupal 9. To enable search and conduct quizzes and surveys, we decided to:
- Integrate a Search API module to execute a deep search of information
- Stabilize the existing quiz functionality with a new plugin
- Create a custom module to extend webforms for running surveysAut
To facilitate the instantaneous setup of the tool, we used the drush site-install command through a custom shell script. We created a default user profile and with the default configuration, installed Drupal as well.
The following diagram illustrates the top-level view of the solution:
The following diagram illustrates the application architecture:
The following diagram illustrates the search architecture:
- Intuitive interface for easy information discovery
- Dynamic knowledge assessment and analysis through quizzes and surveys
- Drupal-powered centralized asset repository that offers advanced capabilities in terms of the content upload, editing, and permission management
- Enhanced organization-wide visibility in terms of modules and sub-industries knowledge
- Information is now easily discoverable and accessible across the organization
- Highly scalable documentation management tool that can be used by clients in the future.