- The client needed an API developer portal that offered an exceptional developer experience.
- Also, it must address bespoke requirements, such as API Monetization, API Documentation, role based access control, and try-it-out features.
- The current developer portal was not CMS-driven. The API Producers were unable to publish API related information, such as API releases, blogs, tutorial videos, whitepapers and so on.
- Publishing the documentation for new APIs was a time-consuming process.
- We implemented an Apigee Developer Portal on Drupal, as per the design guidelines of the client.
- Integrating ReDoc and Swagger-UI enabled the API providers to generate interactive API documentation.
- Different content formats such as blogs, use cases, forums, FAQs, and so on, were also supported.
- API monetization (wallet functionalities) was facilitated through custom integration with payment gateways and Apigee Management APIs.
- The portal was able to handle cross-functional needs, such as authentication, authorization, configuration management, messaging brokering, and so on.
- Enhanced developer engagement by offering an improved developer experience.
- Improved editorial experience for the API Producers by enabling ease of developing documentation.
- Fostered an API-centered ecosystem, along with an active developer community.