Our customer wanted:
- A multilingual, scalable, and engaging learning system for resources.
- An analytical dashboard to track user performance and effectiveness of training initiatives.
The existing application was monolithic and restricted the desired scalability.
We built a solution that:
- Was a fully reusable profile that could be easily rolled out for all of the client’s brands, across different markets, with critical features tailor-made specifically for each market.
- Had a scalable backend and a creative UI providing better control to admins.
- Supported multiple types of content, such as text videos, audios, quizzes, and PDFs, in different languages.
- Allowed the beauty advisors to learn at their pace by providing them access to all the content.
- Monitored user engagement with learning materials, such as courses and videos, built using interactive object models of SCORM and xAPI.
- Linked to the client’s internal personnel management systems for ease of monitoring.
- Stored granular level learning activity data in a LRS (Learning Record Store) that could be used to create comprehensive learning reports for Managers' analysis.
- Had personal dashboards for users to track their progress, scores, and rewards.
- Gamified learning and incentivized participation with points and leaderboard.
- Allowed offline content access via native mobile apps to enable learning on the go.
The core enterprise LMS was developed in Drupal 8. The backend was split from a monolithic application into modules to ensure a fully automated deployment ecosystem, while streamlining the overall application.
The Lumen Microservice framework was used to add additional functionalities to the platform. It specifically dealt with user activity data, such as points, favorite courses, bookmarks, badges, and leaderboards, to make the course engaging. Lumen’s features, such as caching, queue, validation, routing, middleware, and the service container, ensured blazing fast APIs and LMS.
A faceted search application with React using declarative components was built and integrated with Drupal to provide a quick and easy search of learning content.
- Enhanced personalization with multilingual content for different regions and brands in over 30 languages.
- Enhanced the engagement levels of beauty advisors.
- Saved time and reduced in-classroom training and associated costs by 30%.
- Onboarded 12+ brands and eliminated the need for separate LMS development for these brands, subsequently accelerating the time to market.
- Improved ease of learning and access to the platform with offline content.